A multidisciplinary (501c3) nonprofit organization.
Boon Area 1: (Located at 3400 E 72nd & Indiana)
Turning a vacant lot in a business-zoned area into a contemporary community gardens.
Oriental gardens meets pocket-park meets picnic shelter meets outdoor work space with recycle bids, Wi-Fi etc.
To beautify a business-zoned area in Kansas City, Missouri.
- A clean & revived business-zoned area, that will attract other businesses.
- Consumers coming to the area.
- A beautified environment.
- Boon Area 1 will also provide volunteering opportunities, hold demos, events, functions, & seminars.
- Community based events will be incorporated once a strong core is built.
Will be able to come reserve an enjoyable environment & utilize the resources provided.
Once Boon Area 1 is complete & understood, the goal is to have Boon Areas throughout the Kansas City region. Obtaining & beautifying blighted/vacant land. Each Boon Area will be different and have a uniqueness to them.
Boon Area 1 needs: (If you are interested in getting involved please CONTACT MRW!)
- 2/16’ high walls built on the west & south sides & 2/20’ high walls built on the east & north sides.
- An entrance door & rolling driveway gate on the south side.
- A handicap accessible 30" dry deck in the northeast corner.
- 6 raised garden bins (bleacher style), 3 facing east & 3 facing north.
- Walking path created throughout Boon Area 1.
- A single vehicle driveway on the southeast corner
- A wet area with drains & faucet outlets.
- A covered work area along the north side.
- A vertical bicycle rack along the back of the last raised bin facing east.
- A fire pit/wishing well & a grill in the southwest area of Boon Area 1.
- LIGHTS, LIGHTS, LIGHTS!
Boon Area 1 hours will be from 5am-6pm:
- By Appointment Only.
- Walk-ins when not reserved.
- Shared and/or Private Reservation Only.
- Overnight stays available upon request.